Sunday, March 18, 2018

So busy....

OhMyGracious... I cannot believe it has been a whole month since I last posted. I have just been so busy with the emotions and transactions of being a Business View Photographer, that I have barely had time to do much beside get to work on time, and sleep... and eat.

Yes, went 12 days without sugar, even while stress eating, but then broke down with creamer in my McDonald's coffee when I didn't have time to purchase Almond Milk. So have started again and I think I am heading into Day 3 because then the next day I muffed it up with some Nutella. Every day I don't eat a chocolate donut is a true success, in my opinion :)

On my days off from the toy shoppe, I am up in Astoria talking to businesses. First Tuesday, talked with 15 people. Wednesday, 10 people... and landed my first real shoot: Baked Alaska. Went Monday to shoot and have been battling a problem with "moderating a constellation" since I got my edited stitched panos from my guy in Romania. Yeah, I "have a guy"... in Romania.... long story. But he does a great job with hiding my stupid tripod by working my 5th floor shot into the pano, and isn't charging me much at all. This is totally a no-brainer for me since I can concentrate on talking and selling, and not fretting over the editing part of this adventure. I may learn eventually, but in the meantime, this is "Outsourcing" and it's perfectly acceptable because a lot of professionals do it.

I am waiting on some help with the problem I am having, but otherwise, I am ready to upload the tour and deposit the check!!

That Tuesday, after I took the pics, I took the day off to relax, and then on Wednesday, I talked to about 7 people. I have a few places I feel really good about, some I haven't been able to propery connect with yet, but even though I am not hitting the goals I originally set for myself, I feel like it is happening at the correct pace. Any more and I would be strung out emotionally to the brink!

Locked my keys in the van at Fred Meyers the other day. Too much on my brain. Then an unexpected blessing from the adventure... The lock guy was really tweaking my door with his inflatable pillows in order to reach in with his tools... and guess what? My majorly jacked door hinge which had gotten blown hard by the wind a month or more ago, is closing more smoothly without me having to lift it up each time I close it! Like Wow!!

Business at the toy shopped is picking up... Spring Breakers are beginning to show up. Nice to be busy. Winter boredom was tough.

Night before last, I closed the store to check out the sunset, and it was beautiful. Then as I called away the clouds above kept getting more bright pink. I had to go back up the street for a few more shots.

Sunset, Cannon Beach, OR, March 16th, 2018








No comments:

Post a Comment